Intro to Soul Grid
Next to equipment, Soul Grid is one of the most important aspects of your character power. You are introduced to Soul Grid via an orange quest at level 39 (you have to do all the earlier orange quests for this to show up) and given a basic starter Soul Grid along with some crystals.
Open this package you have received from completing this quest and you will receive a bunch of crystals and a basic Soul Grid containing 5 slots.
Three types of Soul Grid:-
- Level 45
- Level 49
- Level 55
Keep doing your orange quests and you should get quests at Level 45 and Level 49 for your intermediate and advanced Soul Grids. At level 55 you will receive the extreme version of the Soul Grid containing the maximum amount of slots. .
- Intermediate: 4 external slots, 2 inner slots.
- Advanced: 6 external slots, 3 inner slots.
- Extreme: 8 external slots, 4 inner slots.
The Level 55 extreme Soul Grid you get is the final version of the Soul Grid and has some features that are not present in the other Soul Grids.
- The right side of the Soul Grid has bonuses you can activate by using specific crystals
- Once all the bonuses are activated, you can use the class specific crystal in the center.
You can add/remove crystals from Soul Grids without cost. However, you cannot change out the Soul Grid without taking out all the Soul Crystals first.
Soul Crystals (Crystal Basics)
Soul crystals are divided into three types:
- Central (class specific)
Each crystal also represent a specific element (with exception of the central crystal which can represent several elements at once).
- External crystals only goes on the external ring. It is circular shaped.
- Internal crystals only goes on the interior ring. It is hexagonal shaped.
- Central crystal only goes on the central hole and is class specific. It is square shaped with spikes.
You can have crystals of the same kind (i.e. same names) in a Soul Grid. Their element numbers will be added up.
In addition to the elements, each crystal also carry a stat. This stats value increase with the tier of the crystal.
- External and Internal Soul Crystals can have up to 9 tiers.
- To increase a tier, you will need to combine 3 crystals of the previous tier along with either Blue sparks, Golden sparks, or Demon Heart Flame depending on the tier of the crystal.
- Central Crystal only have 6 tiers and require 5 crystals of the previous tier to make. The combining is done via the left most button in your inventory.
- You can combine different kinds of External or Internal crystals together but they all must be the same type (i.e. all Internal or all External). If you do it this way, the crystal you get is a completely random crystal of the next tier (also the same type).
- You cannot combine crystals of different tiers, they must all be of the same tier.
|Demon Heart Flame||
Crystals of different tiers also have different level requirements to wear.
|External / Internal Crystal||Central Crystal|
Lastly, different tiers of crystals contribute to different amounts to the elements. The elements are important for Soul Grid activation and attributes that will be discussed later on in the guide.
Crystal Tier Contribution Point
- Tier l = 1 point
- Tier ll / lll = 2 points
- Tier lV / V = 3 points
- Tier Vl / Vll = 4 points
- Tier Vlll / IX = 5 points
Get random crystal boxes by doing two weekly activities.
- Weekly Hunting quest found in the Weekly tab of your activities menu (U). This is a group activity that can be done 5 times per week.
- Fairy Garden activity that opens up every Tuesday and Saturday. This is a solo activity that can be done twice per week on the specified days (check the daily tab on these days).
Crystals can be exchange with Silver Funland Orb at NPC vendor (Bela Foxtail) inside Fairy Garden at Room Tile 46 the Room Maze that needs you to run through walls and look for a fast moving mouse that will guide you to him. Don’t lose sight of a rat till you reach the NPC.
Make sure you have all the fairy garden orbs that drops from the final chest at Fairy Garden completion as the beaver takes those orbs and Play Lottery as currency for purchasing Soul Crystals.
Where to buy?
- Using Demonslaying Points
- Using Army Coins
- Using Ink Jade / White Jade
- NPC: (Verena Piv) White Jade Exchanging Merchant
- NPC: (Nimbus North) Ink Jade Exchange Merchant
- Location: Sidus Ur (1635,1333,120) / Sulan
Ink Jade / White Jade are event currencies that are only earned with certain events so they are very precious currencies.
|Tier 7 External/Internal Crystal||102 Ink Jade|
|Tier 6 External/Internal Crystal||34 Ink Jade|
|Tier 5 External/Internal Crystal||11 Ink Jade|
|Tier 4 External/Internal Crystal||38 Ink Jade|
|Tier 3 External/Internal Crystal||13 Ink Jade|
|Tier 5 Central Crystal||170 Ink Jade|
|Tier 4 Central Crystal||34 Ink Jade|
|Tier 3 Central Crystal||73 White Jade|
|Tier 2 Central Crystal||15 White Jade|
Lastly, you can purchase unbound Soul Crystals in the Auction House. There are separate filters for each type of Crystal but beware that higher tier crystals can get very expensive.
External Crystals only fit in the outer ring of your Soul Grid. It is circular in shape and there are only four kinds, each giving a specific stat and represents a specific element.
Internal Crystals only fit in the inner ring of your Soul Grid. It is hexgonal in shape and there are only four kinds each giving a specific stat and represents a specific element.
Central Crystal only fit in the central hole of your Soul Grid and they are class specific. Unlike the External and Internal Crystals, however, the central crystal provide bonuses to multiple elements. The first tier will only provide bonuses to 2 elements but the highest tier provide bonuses to 4 elements. In addition the central crystal will reduce the cooldown on one of your class specific defensive skills.
While you can place Central Crystals in lower tier Soul Grids, it won’t fully activate the cooldown reduction until you get the Level 55 Soul Grid and fully awaken it. You will see a red icon on central crystal that isn’t fully activated.
Here are all the available central crystals and their stats. Each class get two different Central Crystals with the same cooldown reductions but different elements.
Attributes & Activation
Soul Grid Activation
Level 55 Soul Grids has an activation feature that provide additional stats when fully activated. To fully activate your soul grid, you need to look at the element requirements at the right side of your soul grid.
For ease of reference, here is a simple chart of the crystals and their elements.
For this particular Soul Grid, I need to have at least Soul Crystals that add up to at least 3 earth and 2 fire element to activate +54 Crit, +54 Dodge, and +6 Int. Having 2 Moon Crystals of Tier 2 will fulfill the earth element requirement and having 2 Air Crystal of Tier 2 will also exceed the fire element. This bonus only requires external crystals to activate.
The second bonus of +120 Magic armor, +27 Healing, and +6 Spirit requires internal crystals to fulfill, which is easily accomplished by having two Tier 2 Spirit crystals that will add up to 4 mountain elements.
Soul Grid activation is very important not only for the bonuses it provides but also for the fully activation of your central crystal. You cannot place the central crystal on Level 55 Soul Grids unless you fully activate the Soul Grid bonuses. While this requirement isn’t there for lower level Soul Grids, your central crystal won’t provide all the bonuses unless it is fully activated.
- Attributes is one of the most important aspect of the Soul Grid.
- It works similar to Soul Grid activation but you have a large choice of stats and bonuses you can activate by using the right elements.
- To view the attributes menu, simply click on this button in your Soul Grid tab.
- It will open up a separate window seen to the right.
- Any attributes you have activated will be.